Welcome to my Asylum!

A place to empty my head of the random musing and mumblings that populate it on a daily basis.

Friday 8 April 2011

Fairy Wings, Baby Bottles and Things...

Well, this is quite possibly the busiest week and most challenging of my life so far.

Today, is Friday (just to give you a little perspective). 
Last Friday we moved into a new house (and we are still unpacking!). 
On Monday, I returned to work after a year on maternity leave after having my second daughter, the wonderful Lily-Rose (known by those who know her as Rosie, or Red). - hence the Baby Bottles!
Sunday is my older daughter, Freyja's, 6th birthday, and therefore, tomorrow, Saturday, our home turns into Pixie Hollow (see Fairy Wings) for a Fairy Tea Party.  Yes, our home!  The still packed-in-boxes residence afore mentioned!  Aargh!!!

So, it has been an eventful 8 days and will continue to be so for a little while yet...

Between unpacking boxes, dealing with a 5 year old who refuses to listen, having my other half work nights this week, and a baby attached like a limpet because of the house move and the sudden shock of daycare, I have been preparing for "THE PARTY"....  Yes, it does need to be in capitals, because, in the manner of all small girls birthday parties (and some big girls for that matter), it is THE event of the century... at least until next year.

Now, I made a small error in judgement when my eldest turned 2... I made a cake.  Not just any cake either, but a pirate ship..  Of course at age 3, I had to make a better one, hence the castle cake.  This year it is a Tinkerbell cake - not too bad as the figures make the cake centerpiece, but the fairies are sitting on a hill having a tea party.... and a hill has grass.....  I haven't started decorating it yet as I only baked it last night so I could have a long night.

Added to which, I have made fairy wings for both my girls but have yet to finish mine... yes, you read that right, I am going to be wearing fairy wings (can't be queen of the fairies without them).  Also need to get the food tonight, all the fruit and stuff, make the pixie stick wands and the rice krispie star treats, the fondant fancies and set up the table for the make over and crafts..... Oh I am so going to be the tired Queen of the Fairies tomorrow.

The consolation is that I am apparently the bestest Mommy ever and I make the best cakes, fairy wings and crafts ever too....  Maybe not really, but I do to the person who matters.

Blessings to you x

No comments:

Post a Comment