Welcome to my Asylum!

A place to empty my head of the random musing and mumblings that populate it on a daily basis.

Wednesday 27 April 2011

That was the week that wasn't....

Wasn't productive, wasn't memorable, may as well never have been.

Since my last entry it snowed heavily, preventing my lunch time sojourns, which didn't matter really as I had no lunch times due to the fact that I was at home sick, as was my baby.  We have been hacking and coughing like a couple of old pipe smokers for a week.  My darling hubbie has been sleeping on the couch some nights to allow me to take her into bed and other nights I have been sleeping sitting up on the arm chair / chaise thing we have (called the comfy chair by all who know and love it), holding on to a wriggling 11 month old and hoping to get enough sleep to be fit for work.

We did, however, have a nice Easter meal with friends (cooked by my other half, I am banned from the kitchen except in a cleaning or chopping capacity on these occasions as he loves to cook for guests).  We had a slight issue in that the turkey had decided not to defrost in time (though it was perfectly defrosted as we tucked into our dessert!) but thankfully we also had ham, and as it turned out, enough food to feed about 20 people (there were 4 adults, 2 six-year old kids and a baby - my baby ate more than my 6 yr old as it happens).

This week I feel a bit better and am back to work.  Still sitting up on the chair at night though, which is far from ideal, but the baby is still not well and has become increasingly clingy again, so we are going to have to work on that.

So, now, here I sit at my desk, eating turkey sandwiches (I have had turkey every lunch and dinner for 3 days now!!) and wondering if it was even worth making an entry - I'm sure something happened, but I obviously can't remember and as my mother always told me, if you can't remember it, it can't have been important.  Irritated the hell out of me that.... of course I always say it to my daughter too... yes, I am turning into my mother (You look with your eyes, not your hands; If the wind changes your face will stay like that; Tidy your room or I'm coming in with a garbage bag etc etc).  Lord help my poor future grandchildren if they have to put up with a third generation version....

Anyhow, we are looking forward to the weekend, as we plan our first drive of the year out to the mountains.  One of the great things about living in Calgary is the close proximity to the Rockies, so we are hoping the weather holds for the weekend so we can pack up a lunch, take the baby on her first trip somewhere, and go to Banff (hopefully to the Hot Springs as we have been here 4 years and in all our visits to Banff still have never had a dip in the springs) and then maybe for a lakeside walk.  Not looking like we will camp this year so we will have to enjoy daytrips instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment